Sunday, April 26, 2009

Summer Nights.

Even though the Summer Solstice isn't until late June..Isn't it beginning to feel like Summer? There's just something about the air. Twice a year this happens to me (Summer & Winter): I wake up and fall into my routine of the day. Just as soon as I walk out my front door, I sense something different. It'll just feel like it's the beginning of Summer.

Summer feeling like it's here just screams High School to me. I spent my first day of Summer as a high school graduate floating for hours on a huge inner tube in Josh Gillespie's pool, with a straw hat drawn over my face and no sound other than a faint radio and our conversation. That felt like freedom. That was my last great High School Summer.

My Summers reminiscent of the glorious High School Summers are coming to an end. Soon, all Summer will mean is I'll be sweating way more every time I get in my car.

But not this Summer. All I've got to worry about this Summer is work and making sure that none of my guitars are neglected. Bring it on!

And no, not that "Summer Nights", this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment